Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fireflies


A few weeks ago I looked up in my bedroom and noticed a blinking on the ceiling. It was a firefly!  I decided to turn all the lights down low and let him stay a while, with a plan to release him as we readied for bed.He flew from one corner to another and I teased the boys telling them he was looking for his Evangeline. (Those of you who have seen The Princess and The Frog know exactly what I'm talking about.)


A few nights later, in a sleepy haze, I woke up to another firefly blinking in my bedroom. This one was really bright so I got up and captured it between two cups. I carried it into the living room to release it outside and when I opened it up..... it was Joe's Bluetooth. :)  And to think I was quite proud that I caught him so easily! Of course, when I told Joe, all he could say was "Honey, The light was blue!" Really? That's all you could come up with?


Here's hoping you have a firefly in your bedroom soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment