Saturday, August 22, 2009

Autumn


What I'm looking forward to... Fall, pumpkin carving, festivals & Mini Candy Apples! Take green apples and a melon baller core out rounds of an apple. Stick a wooden skewer into the green skin, dip into melted caramel and whatever else your heart desires. Bite sized autumnMini Caramel Apples: Variations.








Two of my favorite Authors (Athol Dickson and Dan Brown) are releasing books on the same day... September 15th. Now I just have to decide which to read first.


Our New parent volunteer program at school. I hope it's successful. I hope that I am able to demonstrate to other parents how rewarding it is to play a part in our students well being and success. It's going to be a great year!


Planning to.... Go to Wimberly in September/october for the olive pressing at Bella Vista. See my current dream below.


Go to Dewberry farm pumpkin patch and corn maze.


...Go to the North Pole on the Polar Express ( Texas State Railroad in November/December 1st class) in our finest pajamas for storytime and hot cocoa.


My current dream... Having an olive grove in the Texas Hill Country. Texas olives and olive oil, I guarantee, are the next big thing. Bella Vista Ranch is the first to offer commercial olive oil in Texas.
.

1 comment: